Thursday, January 15, 2009

I was hoping this wouldn't happen....

... but it did. I've become sick. I knew that I was at risk after that cold incident on my first day here, but I had hoped I'd be spared the consequences, but now I've got a full blown cold. And not only that, I've also got a stomach bug. And that while I'm in a warm country where I could do loads of training in the sun! Well, at least I've got the two things at the one time, rather than one after the other...

I still went on my ride today, but I felt so crap that the expected 3hour long ride took me 3.5hours. I couldn't put out any power and my heart rate wasn't very responsive either. So I slogged up the mountain and back home. I probably should have cut my ride short or not gone at all. Felt really crap after my ride. And unfortunately I had to do some college stuff after my ride and couldn't just go to bed.

Ah well, rest day for me tomorrow :-/

1 comment :

Experthasbeen said...

Enjoy the virus. You probably need a break anyways.